NYAA Code of Conduct
As a Parent, Guardian, Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Mom or Dad:
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child and other children participating in youth sports by following this Code-of-Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sport events.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child and other children ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that all children play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with children to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free sports environment for all children and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that a game is for children and not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for each child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I will discuss this Code-of-Conduct with my child/children.
- I will bring issues of concern to the NYAA Board for discussion.
I, as a Parent/Guardian, and my child(ren) understand and accept the Code-of-Conduct as written above. I also understand that failure to comply with this Code-of-Conduct will result in disciplinary action as determined by the NYAA after a review of the violation. I agree to abide by the NYAA findings and realize that this includes but is not limited to, removal of my child from the sport.
Understanding of Risk of Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
I acknowledge that myself, as Parent/Guardian and my child(ren) are familiar with the nature and risk of concussion and traumatic brain injury while participating in interscholastic athletics, including the risks associated with continuing to compete after a concussion or traumatic brain injury by reviewing the information found here.
Understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Warning Signs
I acknowledge that both myself, as Parent/Guardian and my child(ren) have reviewed and understand the symptoms and warning signs of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SAC) found here.
I grant to the NYAA, its representatives, volunteers, directors, coaches the right to take photographs of me, the Parent/Guardian, my child(ren) and our property in connection with any sports activity conducted by the NYAA. I authorize the NYAA, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
I agree that the NYAA may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
Secure Online Transaction Information
The NYAA uses Authorize.Net as it's online payment gateway to process all the echecks and credit cards.
Click here for Authorize.net's merchant verification of NYAATigers.org. Their logo is also displayed at the bottom of the checkout page and is linked to this verification.
||Our site is secured by a GeoTrust SSL certificate which provides up to 256 bit encryption thereby offering the highest level of encryption and security possible. This means you can rest assured that communications between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure. Click on the GeoTrust image on the left to get the verification information.